Sunday, January 11, 2009

Splish-Splash

I woke up at 6:30 yesterday morning for my run, checked my email to make sure our run was still on (yes, indeed!), and I also checked the weather forecast. Weather.com said "light rain" for Florence, Ky so I decided I could handle that. Uopn walking out the door and seeing the "actual" weather, I was less certain. I was worried that a 6-mile run might cut into my ark-building time. After skating 4 miles on Wednesday, now I'm supposed to swim 6. Great.

I got over to M&M at about 7:25, and not only was it still pouring, it was also still dark out. Ugh, I did not feel good about this. We ended up not actually starting the run until 7:45 or so, and it was starting to get light out. Thankfully, the rain was letting up as well.

About 20 strides into my run, I heard "Splosh!" I had stepped in a huge puddle and soaked my left shoe as well as the sock within it. Okay, so apparently I was going to need to be a little bit more observant of the puddles. Watching out for puddles took some fancy footwork but it made the run a little bit more interesting. Also, since I had two other people running right at my pace, I was able to chat a little bit as well. Wow, that really helps pass the time!

I looked at my Garmin while we were waiting at a stoplight at what I felt was about 4 miles. My Garmin read 2.67 miles. Wait, that can't be right. I looked closer and saw that it had stopped at 2.67. So, I had no idea how far we'd actually come. What was unusual about this was that I didn't care. I could have run 10 more miles. I felt great. Days like yesterday are why I love running.

This week starts off with:

Today: 3-4 miles outside with Jenn
Tomorrow: 3 miles at the gym plus my Group Power class
Tuesday: 4 miles (maybe outside, maybe treadmill, depends on the weather)
Wednesday: 4 miles with Meters & Miles

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Gabby you are a true inspiration! Keep up the great work gal.