Friday, May 22, 2009

Yuck Update and Vegas

For those who were worried, my yuck-procedure went just fine on Wednesday. I started off the morning by getting in 6 miles on the treadmill. I knew I'd be pigging out later, so I wanted to counteract it with some serious pre-calorie-burning. After my run, I headed over to my parents' condo in Florence so that my dad could take me to my appointment. When I got there, my parents were arguing about the kitchen disposal. They were both being comically irrational, so I was glad that it was time for my dad to take me to St. Luke. They definitely needed some time apart.

Once I got to the hospital and got checked in, I was irritated by the fact that it took 40 minutes of waiting in a room full of people (must of whom I suspect did not have insurance). Once I finally got in to the room, I shifted my emotions from irritated to nervous. My strategy for coping with it was to just remind myself that I ran a marathon, so this couldn't possibly be any more painful. And it wasn't. I spent the rest of the day Wednesday chilling out at my parents' house and eating Panera bagels (french toast bagels with honey-walnut cream cheese....mmmm). I had some pain, but my drug dealer (mom) gave me one of her "good" pills, so the rest of the evening was smooooooth sailing. I planned to take off Thursday as well, just in case I was still feeling yucky. However, I woke up Thursday feeling pretty decent, so I spent the day shopping and even felt good enough to go to my abs/kickbox class last night. I think I overdid it though, because I'm not feeling so hot today. Maybe it's just that I had to come back to work today...blah. I imagine that I'll magically feel much, much better come 4:00. Funny how that is, isn't it?

On a much more exciting note, I'm going to Las Vegas next week! I haven't been there since I've been an adult. We went there on my family's Griswald-esque "out west" vacation when I was 5 years old, but I don't remember much. We are departing next Saturday (the 30th) for 4 days. I haven't had a true vacation in quite a while, so I am looking forward to it. I'm not much of a gambler, so if anyone has any suggestions of things to do out there that do not involve cards, chips or dice, please send them my way.

Note to self: Watch Swingers for the forty-billionth time in preparation for my trip... "Vegas baby!"

No comments: