Thursday, May 7, 2009

My 15 minutes are not up yet...but wait, yes they are.

The past few days have been rough for me. Physically speaking, I'm getting back into the groove of things. A short 1-mile run on Tuesday was excrutiatingly painful, but reminded me of how much I love running and how much I can't wait to run "for real" again as soon as my body heals. Last night I did a half-hour on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the bike at the gym. I wished I was running instead, but it was refreshing to get moving again. So I am feeling good on the outside, but inside I'm lost.

I really don't know what's next for me. I've spent the past four months working up to a goal, the goal has been accomplished, so now what? I had a long conversation with the manager at my gym last night about it, and we came up with a few ideas, like improving my speed, working on toning up more, etc. But these things aren't very exciting to me right now. Maybe once I've let the glow of the Pig wear off a little, I can get more amped up about my future plans.

Along with our goal-setting session last night, my gym manager and I were joking about how my "15 minutes of fame" are up since my stint with CinWeekly is through. When I came back to his office after my workout, he had an opportunity for me. Channel 5 news had called about a story they are doing on local "Biggest Losers" that they are airing in conjuntion with next week's finale of the show. They wanted to feature me. Wow! My 15 minutes aren't up after all!

Unfortunately, Channel 5 called me this morning and it turns out their photographer is sick today and they won't be able to feature me in the story after all. They are keeping me in mind for future stories on weight loss, but for the time being it looks like I'll be forced to crawl back into my hole of anonymity.

Oh well, my ego was probably getting a little too big anyway...

No comments: